Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

At KNITTING CAMP!

Well here I am at Meg Swansen's Knitting Camp in Wisconsin and I'm having a BLAST! My brain is so full right now and it's not even half way through the program.

I feel like I'm in a sacred place - with all of Meg and Elizabeth Zimmerman's original handknit garments that I've admired from pictures for years. I can touch, examine, and wear the beautiful sweaters! Meg and her team are all such great folks! Today, we talked about 2-color knitting and the different ways to steek, carry wool, design sleeves, and much more. I learned how to knit backwards so I don't have to do so much turning when I make bobbles or entrelac! So way cool.

Well, time to return to the group...pictures to follow when I get home...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?