Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

Back to a real life...


Now that the Lambtown festival is over (I can't even post about it yet without swearing- the experience was so miserable), I'll be able to get back to a normal life again. I'm even cooking dinner for the first time in weeks - got spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove. Getting ready for a craft fair is just way too much work on top of a regular 40+ hour a week job. There just isn't time to relax, refresh, and knit what I want to knit. Well, lesson learned.

My "partner-in-knitting-adventures", Kaedean, and I had a great chat this morning out on my patio about where we want to go with our knitting businesses. It's so nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of. We are both at such different times in our lives - she's blasting off to knitting fame & fortune, and I'm retiring to a sailboat to lose myself. But, she'll be visiting me on the boat!!!!

I've been chugging fluids all day trying to recover from dehydration and heat exhaustion I got yesterday at the Lamtown festival (I know, I said I wouldn't mention it yet). Anyway, I feel so much better now - at 7pm the next day! I slept in - and took a 3-hour nap this afternoon. I even peed this afternoon! Yippee! If I have enough fluids to pee, then I must be getting better.

Other news: the cat is still alive. Every morning we verify that he is alive, and when we get home, we hesitantly check out his sleeping places to make sure he's breathing. He's now living his 19th year of life. One of these days we're going to lose him. He's still healthy and happy, so we spoil the living daylights out of him (fresh broiled chicken, handfed, brushings, etc.) and enjoy him.

Yep, that's a picture of me - sweating it out at Lambtown in the 110 degreee INSIDE the buiding heat because the idiots had the heat on instead of the coolers. Yipes, talking about it again. OK, got to go stir the sauce and get the noodles going. Keep on knitting....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?